HALLOWEEN SAFETY TIPS

  • HALLOWEESAFETTIPS

    NO TREATS!!!

    Chocolate in all forms – especially dark or baking chocolate – can be very dangerous for dogs and cats.  Candy containing xylitol (an artificial sweetner) is also toxic and can cause problems.  If you think your pet has ingested something toxic, seek immediate veterinary care.

    Be sure to lock candy safely away.  Dogs have a keen sense of smell and will lead them to even the most cleverly hidden candy.

    There are a lot of people on the streets at Halloween.  That, combined with strange costumes, can spook pets which may cause them to “bolt”.  Dogs and cats should be kept in a separate room away from the front door during trick or treating hours.

    Don’t leave glow sticks unattended.   Pets (especially cats) like to play with them which could result in the glow stick becoming punctured.  Most sticks are labeled “non-toxic”, however, they do have an extremely bitter taste which may cause excessive drooling.